Naeto C, MI react to MNETs Top 10 Rappers List

Naeto C, MI react to MNETs Top 10 Rappers List
Naeto C, MI, artistes and hip-hop enthusiasts have taken to twitter over the past couple of days to express their disappointment at the Top Ten African Rappers list compiled and published by MNET Africa last week.  The list is as follows:
1.HHP(South Africa)
2.D black(Ghana)
3.M.I(Nigeria)
4.Zeus(Botswana)
5.Sasha (Nigeria)
6.R2BEES(Ghana)
7.Nameless(Kenya)
8.Dama Do Bling(Mozambique)
9.Ikechukwu(Nigeria)
10.Tumi(South Africa)
Seriously?! Where the f*£k are Modenine Proverb on this list? Plus I would like to know what this list is based on? Popularity, Awards, Lyrical Prowess,  Radio & TV Airplay? then surely Naeto C & K’Naan would be on the list?!
M.I. who is number 3 on the list says via his twitter:
And Naeto has said:
Personally speaking I think the poorly researched top ten mc list by Mnet Is totally trash, I almost threw up my lunch when I read it
I will not knock any of the non-Nigerian rappers, I am aware of R2BEES, Damo, Nameless (Is he a rapper?) & HHP, but to exclude Mode9, Naeto C, Reggie Rockstone & Proverb from the list shows how inaccurate it is and makes you wonder, WHO REALLY put it together? To be honest I listen mostly to UK, US & Naija hip hop cos it’s in English and that’s what I understand, but my mission this week is to listen to non-English speaking African rappers.

Comments

Popular Posts