WinAgainToday - by Tejiri Teajay Chunu

*Emotions that Win...*

There are times you just want to tell people how you feel anyhow you can because they hurt you, disrespected your time and energy, disregarded your commitment, disappointed your trust and loyalty and deserve to feel the pain too.

I know this might bring some thoughts right now but...breathe in and out and calm yourself. You're not the only one. The experiences are part of what makes life interesting and those emotions are valid.

I had a misunderstanding with a friend. Though it was a simple matter that wasn't well communicated, it almost escalated to war of words with emotional grenades flying everywhere.

I maintained decorum all through asking myself what I wanted out of all that transpired and what would be the overall effect or outcome? Would she have really learned anything if I reacted like I felt? My silence and kind response ended it all with her apology. Sadly, some things were lost in the flare of emotions.

As ironic and this may sound, one reason people quarrel is because they sincerely want things better. That is something to build on and not destroy with. So, today, when negative or unhealthy emotions rise, pause, calm yourself and be silent when your words won't help the situation.

Don't seek to just identify who or what is wrong, focus on solving what is wrong. Always put in mind the outcome you desire and let that inform your decisions and actions. Don't lose potentially rich relationships because of poor emotional responses. *#ManagingYourEmotions is one sure way to WinAgain.*

I believe you can, you will and you MUST #WinToday!

Impossible is nothing!
Kindly follow us: Facebook.com/WinAgainToday and Instagram.com/WinAgainToday.

*Good Morning!*

Comments

Popular Posts